Freelance Writing Course: Daily Writing Tips For Beginners
Freelance writing is a vocation which requires more discipline and integrity than most other jobs. Here, you are employed through a tryst of trust and you cannot break it if you wish to be successful. There are clients who may be depending for too much on your articles; a college student may have to deliver a term paper; a blogger may have keep his site updated; a new trend may need to be caught on.
New freelance writers should make use of the following tips to take the first step to success.
- Create a space – You may be working from your home but working among family is not going to help you. There is bound to be too much distraction. Cut yourself a space, a spare room and turn it into a sort of office. Just you, your PC, some books and maybe, a mini-fridge!
- Reinvent yourself – When you write articles for a daily blog site, your articles have to be relevant, catchy, interesting and curiosity-arousing. Learn the niche in-depth and think of new topics; new perspectives. Ask pertinent questions at the end of the article to raise interest.
- Foster relations with clients – You should hold regular talks with your clients; either on the phone or Skype. Impress upon him that you are there for him. Convey before time in case you are going to take an uncalled leave. Don’t put him in a soup in any way.
- Meeting deadlines – Just like a journalist, your top priority as a freelance writer should be to meet deadlines and not just with so-so articles. Manage time so that you can introduce magic into your articles with facts, figures and other points of relevance.
- Be tech-savvy – You should try coming out of your comfort zone. Try new niches; research and check the working keywords in the topics you are covering. Don’t plagiarize and keep your written articles stored. Get tech-savvy; that is an essential attribute of a freelance writer.
- Be disciplined – Freelance writing can often turn you off. You may be tempted to relax and watch a movie or play an online game in the meanwhile. Here is where discipline comes. Treat your articles like a work of art you need to finish in style. Don’t let the distractions bother you.
- Create a network – Be in touch with other freelance writers and take the pains of absorbing their positives. Learn how to do credible research on topics and you will find the going good.